7Zip is a free to use open source file archive tool which allows you to extract compressed files and compress your existing file. It uses its own file format for compression but can read and write several other file formats. Most of the code is licensed under the GNU LGPL license whereas some portion also comes under BSD3 clause license. It is free even for commercial use and requires no registration whatsoever.
Features of 7Zip v4.47Beta
- Has an inbuilt powerful file manager
- Provides strong AES 256 encryption for files in 7z and Zip format.It supports 87 different languages.
- It comes with support for wide variety of file formats such as 7ZIP, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP, WIM, AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR, Z and many others.
- The compression ratio provided by 7Zip and GZip file formats is 2-10% better than that of WinZip and PKZip.
- It also comes with a high compression ratio for files in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression methods.
- It comes with strong integration with Windows Shell.
- Files compressed using the 7-Zip format can extract themselves.
- Easy to use, navigate and is integrated with the Windows File Manager.
- Users can alternate between a single and a dual panel view.
- It is free and is available across a wide range of platforms such as Windows and Linux. The space required for 7-Zip is minuscule compared to other similar software.
- 7Zip is available on both x86 and x64 systems.
- Can also open some MSI and CAB files which enable access to metafiles along with the main contents.
How to download 7Zip v4.47Beta
Download this free powerful archiver from the link below: