Files can be archived by using a free open source software called 7-Zip. group of files is in a compressed container. 7-zip uses its own 7z archive format, it can read and write many other archive formats. It is supported by both command line interface and graphical user interface. It was developed by Igor Pavlov and released in 1999.
Features of 7Zip v4.57
- This can be used with Windows, Linux, macOS operating systems with high
compression ratio in 7z format.
- It is integrated with windows shell, powerful file manager and command line version.
- The files with corrupted filenames will be renamed. Order of File names will be ignored in command line interface.
- Back-up is provided for removable disks such as writable CDs and DVD.` there are volumes of dynamically variable sizes.
- It supports multiple core CPU threading which executes multiple processes or threads concurrently.
- AES-256 strong encryption can be seen in 7z and zip formats. The following are formats that support packing and unpacking: 7z, XZ, TAR, ZIP, WIM, BZIP2, GZIP.
- It self-extracts single volume archives so that there is no need to install a suitable extractor on the target computer.
- Plugins for the FAR manager and 87 languages are localized in this.
- There is no need to register and pay for 7-zip, can be used on any computer, even a computer in the commercial organization.
How to download 7Zip v4.57?
Now install 7Zip on your computer by clicking on the link given below.