7-Zip is a free and open source file archiver, a computer program that combines a number of files together into one archive file, or a series of archive files, for easier transportation or storage. It was developed by Igor Pavlov and is written in C++. It is available in 86 languages including English, Chinese, Dutch, French, Arabic, Hindi and many more. It was released on 19 July 1999. It is available for various platforms that include Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, and ReactOS. It can read and write several archive formats other than its 7z archive format and has a high compression ratio. Most of the code is under the GNU LGPL license and the unRAR code is under a mixed license with GNU LGPL as well as unRAR restrictions.
Features of 7Zip v4.99
Some of the features of 7Zip are listed below:
- Files and the 7z hierarchy can be enabled and the users are required to supply a password to see the filenames contained within the archive when the hierarchy is encrypted.
- It has volumes of dynamically variable sizes that allows users to backup removable media such as writable CDs and DVDs.
- It uses basic orthodox file manager when used in dual panel mode.
- It supports 256-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) cipher and multiple-core CPU threading.
- It has command-line interface and creates self-extracting single-volume archives (SFX/SEA).
- It allows decompression of data from inside many “Setup” or “Installer” or “Extract” type programs without having to launch them.
How to download 7Zip v4.99?
7Zip can be downloaded through the below link-