Talking about 7Zip this is an open source file archiver, that is used to place groups of files in containers known as “archives” This file was created by Igor Pavlov and was first released in 1999. This file has its own 7z archive format, apart from this it can read and write several other archive formats. This program also features shell integration.
Features of 7Zip v5.2
The features of 7Zip app are:-
- Encryption can be enabled for both files and the 7z hierarchy.
- When the hierarchy is encrypted, users are required to supply a password to see the filenames contained within the archive.
- WinZip-developed Zip file AES encryption standard is also available in 7-Zip to encrypt ZIP archives with AES 256-bit, but it does not have filename encryption as in 7z archives.
- The volumes of dynamically variable sizes, allowing use for backups on removable media such as writable CDs and DVDs.
- It has Multiple-core CPU threading.
It Opens EXE files as archives, allowing the extraction of data from inside many “Setup” or “Installer” or “Extract” type programs without having to launch them for extraction.
- It can unpack archives with corrupted filenames and can rename the files as required.
- It uses Command-line interface.
- The Windows version comes with its own GUI; however, p7zip uses the GUI of the Unix/Linux Archive Manager.
- 7Zip does not provide a way to control the file order inside archives. It ignores the file name order in the command line.
How to download 7Zip v5.2?
By keeping in mind these features you may download this application from the link provided below.