7Zip is free and open source file archiver which is used to place a group of files within compressed containers knows as archives. Developed by Igor Pavlov, 7Zip was released in the year 1999. The program uses its own 7z archive formats but supports a sufficiently large number of other formats. The program can be used from command line interface as well as the graphical user interface.
Features of 7Zip v5.4
7Zip comes integrated with the following given features-
- The program is available in almost 86 languages including English, French, Afrikaans, Polish, Latin, Tamil, Uzbek, Indian, Portugal, and other important regional languages.
- The Windows version of the program comes with graphical user interface.
- The program comes integrated with the multiple core CPU threading.
- Users are allowed to open EXE files as archives allowing the decompression of data from inside many setup type programs without having to launch them.
- 7Zip is one such program that allows unpacking archives with corrupted filenames and renaming the file as per the requirement.
- By default, 7Zip creates archives in 7z format. However,a lot of other formats including RAR, LZMA, WIM, JAR, and others are supported while creating file archives.
- It allows variable size files allowing using for backup in media such as USB, CD or Hard Drives.
- The command line interface use pZip integration while the graphical user interface uses the shell integration.
How to download 7Zip v5.4?
In order to download the 7Zip program, users can click the link given below-