7Zip is a file archiver application which was developed by Igor Pavlov in the year 1999. The app is a utility tool to compress all the files in a single zip file or to open a zip to extract the data from it. It is a cross platform software and is available for Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems. The 7Zip supports packing of various formats of files such as ZIP, Gzip, bzip2, xz, tar, and WIM . The unpacking of various files such as APM, ARJ, CHM, cpio, DEB, FLV etc can be performed by using the application. The app comes with a file manager inbuilt through which many files can be managed. It supports copy, cut and delete of the files from the File manager. The app is provided with high security and the application does not contain any harmful viruses or malware. The size of the 7Zip application is small in size and preserves the storage.
Features of 7Zip v8.0
1. The 7Zip compresses all the files and stores in a zip file. The zip file can be protected with high security by providing a password.
2. It has the high compression ratio in 7z format with the help of tools such as LZMA and LZMA2.
3. The app has the self extracting capability for its own format named as 7z.
4. The app has a powerful command line version with which many commands can be performed.
5. It is enhanced with a powerful file manager which helps in easy extraction and compression.
How to download 7Zip v8.0?
The software for various operating systems can be downloaded from the following link-