7Zip is an open-source file archiver and manager to let you extract compressed files and create compressed files in various formats. It has a very high compression ratio than most of the file archivers out there. 7Zip mostly uses its own 7Z format but it can also read and write most of the archive formats.
Features of 7Zip v10.8
● 7Zip provides a high compression ratio mainly in the 7Z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression.
● The 7Zip file archiver supports a huge range of formats for packing,
unpacking or both. Supported formats for packing and unpacking are 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM and for just unpacking are AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR, and Z.
● Searching for a better file archiver with a higher compression ratio than the regular archives? 7Zip offers 2% to 10% higher compression rate for ZIP and GZIP format than WinZip and PKZip.
● The archiver is easy to use for beginners and for advanced users there are
other options to make the program better such as the self-extracting capability for 7Z format.
● It is very important to have the archive file secured and encrypted. 7Zip has strong AES-256 encryption in 7Z and ZIP formats.
● The 7Zip file archiver is integrated with Windows shell.
● The 7Zip is not only a sophisticated file archiver but also a powerful file explorer and manager.
● There is also a strong command line version of 7Zip.
● It has a very tidy interface which helps you to navigate through the app.
● 7Zip supports over 85 languages.
How to download 7Zip v10.8?
7ZIP is free software and can be downloaded from the given link. However, it is recommended to download. Supported in Windows 7 and onwards, LINUX, and iOS.