7Zip is free software that comes with an open source. It is basically a file archiver that is used to place group of files in compressed containers which are known as archives. The software was developed by Igor Pavlov in the year 1999. The latest version was released in the year 2018. The software is licensed and uses GNU LGPL license. Written in C++, 7 ZIP uses 7z format by default.
Features of 7Zip v23.0
- It is a cross platform application that is compatible for Windows, Linux, macOS, and ReactOS operating systems.
- Availability in 86 languages makes it accessible on a wide scale. The language in which it is available includes Afrikaans, Arabian, Indian, Japanese, Czech, Croatian, Russian, Croatian and others.
- By default, 7ZIP creates file archives in 7z format. However, it can create archives in other formats as well including ZIP, Gzip, bzip2, xz, tar and WIM.
- Volumes of dynamically variable sizes are integrated in the software. This allows use for backups on removable media such as writeable CDs and DVDs.
- The program can be used from both command line interface as the command pZip format and graphic user interface that also features shell integration.
- Multiple core CPU Threading is another important feature of 7ZIP software.
- Unpacking archives with corrupted file names and renaming the files as requires is another important feature of 7ZIP.
How to download 7Zip v23.0?
In order to run the software, users can click on the link given below to download it for free.